La Secretaría de Educación Pública (SEP) hizo un llamado a los rectores de las universidades públicas del país a iniciar un debate “serio” para imponer cuotas a los estudiantes y crear un sistema de créditos, debido a que en este momento más de un millón de jóvenes, es decir, 40 por ciento de la matrícula nacional, recibe un subsidio que es 12 veces mayor que el de estudiantes provenientes de zonas indígenas o de escasos recursos.
It basically says that the federal government made a call to the public universities to begin a debate to impose fees. This is very interesting, because there's a very clear idea to end with the public education based on the next principles:
- a) The education should be privatized, since it has large costs for the government
- b) Only a few should be able to receive high-quality education: those who can pay a private school
- c) The handcraft should have priority over the education. We are a handcraft country, after all.
- d) It's easier to gain control over the students in the private universities; at least that's the case in Mexico (observe that I'm not against the private education. I'm saying that the private education trends to sucks IN Mexico). Some of those universities have given us the worst politicians and businessmen.
- e) In some universities -such the UNAM- there's a big concentration of left-winged groups, which could be a problem for the right-winged governments. So, let's end with them too.
After all this principles, you will find that the right-wing that is currently in Mexico DID LEARN what Neoliberalism means.
Source of the new here