viernes, julio 16, 2004

Avoiding showing errors is bad

I have just finished installing Fedora Core 2 and well, just running some problems (ntfs support, usb ports, etc). But the biggest problem is that I still can't run the graphical mode, adn worse, I don't get error messages.

In some manner, it is normal in software to have some problems. But, what about showing good errors? In my opinion, good error messages can really help to know where the error is. Bad error messages can help, but maybe they won't give you enough information. Finally, if you are only giving some messages to some errors, well, then the problems for the user will be wrong.

Finally, I would like to say that I've been receiving a huge amount of critics. It used to be good when I only receive critics (and most importan, constructives ones) when asked for them. But, what about when you receive them without asking for them? And the worst of all, it's when you got critics about things that all the persons do every minute. Advantes of living in an exotic country like Mexico is.

4 comentarios:

Roberto Iza Valdés dijo...
Este blog ha sido eliminado por un administrador de blog.
Roberto Iza Valdés dijo...
Este blog ha sido eliminado por un administrador de blog.
Roberto Iza Valdés dijo...
Este blog ha sido eliminado por un administrador de blog.
Unknown dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.