miércoles, junio 16, 2004

Euro 2004 & other stuff

The Euro 2004 continues and I'm just seeing that geeks don't like soccer (very bad). Today was the game Germany vs Holland, and I think it was a good game (however, in a lot of sites the press is not comfortable with that opinion). The best of the game: Michael Ballack from Germany and -of course- Van Nistelrooy -is that well written?- from Holland. No more need to be said.

At Carrasco's house


Today I was almost all the day with my friend Jorge Carrasco -who is a lawyer and we met at school when we both were 14 years old- and we were talking and thinking about the behavior of the people around us. Very interesting, and I must say I needed to talk to someone who weren't a geek or a computer.

Port of Rhino


I continue with the port of the lexer and parser routines from the Rhino engine. Today I could in a pair of hours check some errors in the Lexer and I hope to finish tomorrow or maybe on thursday it and go to the parser. No challenge, but it must be done by someone.

Books, books, books


I was reading danguer's blog and I read there that he has just finished reading The Illiad. I must confess I'm jealous because I don't have so much oportunities to read a book, and I must just wait for any chance to get a new one. The last I got was a Lovecraft book about horror stories and was good. But I bought that book 1 or 2 years ago, so try to figure out why I need a new book. It looks like danguer has stopping reading pseudo philosophical books, which is a good thing. I'm still trying to understand why geeks can't just support the idea that another geek read as much as you (hey! I'm just jealous about that I can't read so much books as I wished). Y have geek pals that still think that I'm not just as good as they at culture.

Yes, this is my selfconfidence moment of the day and ... Yes, I think I have a much higher culture level that most of the geeks I know. No more needs to be said.

No hay comentarios.: